Georgetown-Scott County Recycling
The Recycling Center at 1161 Paris Pike has been permanently Closed
On July 1st, City of Georgetown and Scott County Fiscal Court will transition the Community Drop-Off Recycling Center to the Rumpke Transfer Station.
The Rumpke Transfer Station is located at 245 West Yusen Drive (off of Triport Road). The following items (attached) can be recycled there at no charge. The hours are Monday thru Friday, 8AM-4PM, and Saturday 8AM-12PM.
Rumpke Transfer can also take miscellaneous scrap metal and electronics. The attached flyer is a list of what is available for “single stream” recycling. Please call Rumpke at 1-800-828-8171 if you have questions about other items. An updated complete list will be available soon.
We are excited to partner with Rumpke and offer this service to our community!
The Transfer Station Household Waste Voucher Program
The Scott County Fiscal Court, City of Georgetown along with Rumpke Services will offer the free transfer station voucher program for Scott County residents. This program allows residents to utilize the transfer station four (4) times in one calendar year during Rumpke business hours only.
To obtain a voucher number, residents must create an online profile at https://scottky.gov/transferstationvouchers/?fbclid=IwAR0rnBd40nX4uh-INsSLUSmrfyjXOyjHCWljIJnUUdZH_c8uI8XaWGtVu8Y
Click the “Online Voucher” button on the page to create your profile. Use this profile to check the status of your voucher usage at any time. Residents redeem vouchers by showing valid ID and voucher number to transfer station staff at the scale house on the business day usage.
-Participants must observe the following rules and regulations for the program:
· Residents may only use 4 vouchers per calendar year
· Residents may only take one load per day, per household
· Load size is limited to the bed of a pickup truck OR a single axle trailer
· Contractors are NOT eligible for the voucher program
· Heavy construction debris including shingles, concrete, and tires, are excluded from the voucher program and will incur a charge
· No liquids, hazardous materials, propane or gas cylinders, motor oil, or freon containing appliances
· All loads must be tarped to prevent litter when hauling to the transfer station
· No commercial loads or vehicles
Residents are limited to one voucher use per household per day. Vouchers are only issued for Scott County residents, with a valid driver’s license. The Rumpke Transfer Station is located at 245 West Yusen Drive, Georgetown, KY 40324. Phone: 1-800-828-8171